Investigations of Accounting Issues
Many internal investigations involve accounting and reporting issues. Your company needs a legal investigation team that understands complex business finance and accounting. The attorneys at Gallion & Spielvogel LLP have the experience to ask the right questions and examine the right data to find answers.
When the Stakes are High … Gallion & Spielvogel LLP
Accounting practices and the reporting of financial results are often the source of disagreements with shareholders and government regulators.
- Did someone in the company deliberately change financial reports in order to manipulate the stock market?
- Are funds being transferred to various accounts within and outside the company without proper authorization?
- Are there simply too many accounting discrepancies to be dismissed as “mistakes”?
- Are stock options and other executive compensation (such as perquisites associated with living expenses and travel) handled with strict compliance to regulations and compensation agreements?
- Is the board of directors kept fully informed about executive compensation and business finances? Are the outside directors taking their oversight commitments seriously?
The sooner your company knows the facts, the sooner you can begin to limit liability. Quick action can mean less long-term damage to your company’s finances and reputation. At Gallion & Spielvogel LLP, our internal investigation lawyers have the small-firm agility to act quickly with the big-firm experience to understand the issues.
Located in New York City, we are available for internal corporate investigations throughout the United States. Gallion & Spielvogel LLP is part of an extensive national network of law firms focused exclusively on the legal needs of businesses.